Nopower Comms Simplified
Communicate with other factions via Bird Post.
“Well technicly you are using animals to power your stuff”
A simplified version of [sd] nopower comms console (no glow crystals).
Since original author stated that they are not doing anymore updates for Rimworld mods, I decided to upload and provide updates for this version of the mod publicly.
– adds 1 message table (comms console)
– adds 1 bird cage (needs food to feed the bird, powers comms console literaly)
– adds 1 trade marker (orbital trade beacon that is fueled by wood)
– adds 1 medieval research project (all buildings in this mod needs this as prerequisite)
The code has been reworked for Rimworld 1.1, the mod has build-in support for bird cage to use silage from VGP Vegetable Garden.
There are several different textures for the trademarkers and bird cage. You can switch between them by rotating your buildling.
(To be correct the message table needs 1 power and the bird cage produces one. It is a bit of a workaround. You can totaly abuse but it is your game, so do to your liking. I just wanted a comms console, which fits with low tech/no gun runs)
Original author: sulusdacor
- Are there any hard incompatibilities?
No, this is a rather simple mod that basically creates a variation of Vanilla’s comms console.
- Can this mod be added/removed from existing games?
Yes, but if you want to remove it from the game then I would recommend to destroy all message tables/bird cages/trade markers, that this mod introduces, before you do that.
- Why did you remove glow crystals and trade markers that were using them?
Because I found them to overshine orbital trade beacons. Glow crystal trader markers provided lighting and required no power/fuel to upkeep. This version of the mod just adds a simple comms console for simple tribal needs.
Credits : Meltup
If you are an author of the mod and you think that your works should not be here, just inform
us [email protected] and we’ll delete them as soon as possible.